Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The last hurrah

On a recent episode of Gilmore Girls, a heavily pregnant Lane laments that her baby shower would need to be cancelled. She says:

"...now I can't have my party.... It's just that this one is my last [party].... I'm about to be a mother.... [mothers cannot have parties] for themselves, they only do things for their children..."

She got her last hurrah. She had that one last thing for herself.

I choked up when I saw that scene. I was envious of her last hurrah.

I admit it, with Jakob being born early, I feel a bit cheated that I lost my last opportunity to take care of myself. And I honestly feel like I'll never again have the chance.1


1 Please don't tell me that I will - some day - again have the opportunity; I just don't feel like it will ever happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home