Sunday, August 20, 2006

"For here or to go?"

Ok, that phrase in and of itself isn't so unusual, but when I was asked this very question an hour or so ago, I couldn't stop myself from laughing uncontrollably.

I had run out to get some items for a picnic (our plan for later today), some milk, and a few things that might just satisfy some of my more determined cravings. Whilst waiting in the checkout line, I found myself musing that my cravings were going to bankrupt us. My last stop was to be at our local bakery, to pick up a fruit tart that Werner had spotted when we were there yesterday, and which is to be our dessert (or Kaffee und Kuchen, maybe?) this evening. After I told the clerk that I wanted that particular tart, he asked me whether it was for there or to go. Did I mention that this is a full-sized tart? Enough to give four pregnant-woman-servings or six regular-person-servings? Yes, my appetite is up, but I haven't reached that point yet! (And with the baby squishing all my vital organs up into my throat, chances are good I'll never reach that desperate point.)

And might I remind all my dear readers this tart was bought to satisfy Werner's cravings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home