Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Grüß Gott!

We're in Austria!

The flight was relatively short (under two hours) and we had to hold Jakob the whole time, but he did really well again, no crying at all, just snacks, naps, and smiles.

We were picked up at Vienna airport by a driver from the university and brought to our hotel in Krems. Werner hiked down to the university while I unpacked Jakob's wardrobe and settled us in.


Once he'd huffed and puffed his way back up to the hotel, we went for kaffee und kuchen, where we enjoyed Esterhazyschnitte (I think that's what it was) by the fire. Back to our room for a short bit, and then off to supper. (I'm still not quite used to that Germanic habit of eating dessert as an appetiser - although I'm working on it!) The food at the hotel was delicious, and Jakob was in good spirits. A little playtime, and it was off to bed for all of us.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home