First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes Werner with a baby carriage
Anyway, the baby fair wasn't huge, but it was good. We found out more about some things we were interested in, but weren't sure where to go - baby sign, music (Kindermusic and the like), and so on. St. John Ambulance was there with information on first aid courses, and there is an infant first aid course coming up in a few weeks, a few days earlier than the one I was looking to attend (and not quite so uncomfortably close to Bärchen's due date). We got all sorts of coupons, and just for the Diaper Genie alone (which we hadn't bought yet, because a new model has just been released but we have yet to see it in stores) we got enough coupons to make up for our admission fee.
Yes, I did get more formula samples. But I also tried out nursing pillows and picked up literature from La Leche League. I still hope to breastfeed, but I'm pragmatic enough to know that it might not go as planned. I'm sure I read somewhere that, although breastfeeding is natural, it doesn't always come naturally. I'm trying to keep open all our options.
There were some odd things at the fair. A petting zoo? (I guess it kept the toddler and pre-school set occupied.) The sex toy booth? (Maybe they were meant to be at the wedding fair?) Revenue Canada? (No information on the new-ish child tax benefit, or whatever the old family allowance is now being called; no, nothing like that, but they did provide information on starting up your own business.)
The fair's organisers were smart enough to post a huge sign pointing the way to the washrooms, but only had two water coolers.
We went late in the day, so it wasn't too crowded, but after the shopping marathon we were both tired an were there for maybe an hour and a half or so. Nevertheless, it was worth attending.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home