Monday, May 14, 2007

A very happy mother's day!

Werner and Jakob completely spoiled me!

Werner cooked breakfast (pancakes and bacon) and lunch (pasta). Yum! Both Werner and Jakob had beautiful cards for me. Werner emptied his tickle trunk1 and gave me some books, and Jakob presented me with an engraved iPod. (The engraving is important - my new iPod is fancier than Werner's, and now he can't steal it from me because it has my name on it.) Werner did all the diaper changes, and helped me do foot and hand prints (my 'Bear Prints', I'm calling them) to commemorate Jakob's still-tiny extremities. Although Jakob didn't want to nap during the day, he was a very well-behaved little boy when we went to the GC alumni BBQ.

It was one of those days I wanted to never end...

I asked Werner how I can ever meet this standard for Father's Day. His response - and he said I could quote him on the blog - is that Father's Day is his opportunity to show what a great dad he is. The outcome for me, then, is that it will be just like another Mother's Day, when I get to rejuvenate while he cares for and bonds with Jakob. Yay!


1 Remember Mr Dress-up? Werner has a box in his office where he hides presents for me; a magical mystery box can only be called a tickle trunk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home