Friday, June 22, 2007

Food, fast and furious

I've been wondering how I'd ever bring Jakob up to the level of table foods if we continued to hesitate three days between each new food, and the nurse who runs the mom and baby drop-in advised me that I should start introducing even more foods, and at a faster pace. (Of course, she also told me that, with my tendency toward allergies, he should still be avoiding some foods, but these bits of advice seem irreconcilable. Besides, my allergist's office told me not to worry.)

So, with that in mind, he's getting lots more foods. There are only a few foods that I'm still holding off from (corn, strawberries, dairy) for the time being, but other than that, I've let down my guard at least a bit. On Tuesday, he tried egg yolks for the first time (still avoiding egg whites, though, because of allergenicity), Wednesday it was wheat cereal, and on Friday he had canteloupe for the first time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home