Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Unflappable

This morning, as I was preparing the meat sauce for lasagna, I watched The Cosby Show. Remember that show, from the 80s? One station (TVTropolis? I'm not sure) airs back-to-back episodes on weekday mornings, and I clicked it on. Today, they aired the episodes in which Sandra, the eldest, gives birth to twins. Her husband Alvin (wasn't he meant to go to med school?), was hopeless throughout labour and delivery, in every way the stereotype of the weak-kneed father-to-be.

Which got me thinking (again) about how lucky I am to be with Werner. I have absolute confidence that he will be the strong half when Bärchen decides to be born. His Germanic unflappability means he's capable of dealing with all sorts of stuff without flinching, and I know that he will be my pillar, not just through labour and delivery but also through parenthood. Through life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home