Monday, July 10, 2006

How to frighten a father-to-be

One of Phoebe's favourite spots is right under our bed. When she was a little kitten (as little as Coons can be, that is), she took a liking to this area.


Little surprise, since she can watch us come and go while remaining out of sight. Well, largely out of sight, since she often neglects to tuck her tail in!

Last night I went up to brush my teeth, and Phoebe followed. For once, instead of trying to commandeer the faucet, she dove under the bed. I laid down on the floor so I could play with her.

I guess I must have been up there longer than I realised, for Werner eventually came up to look for me. As I continued to play with the Phoebecat, I heard Werner's steps quicken as he called out, "Oh my God, Sweetie, what happened! Are you ok?!"

I was lying on the far side of the bed. As he came down the hallway, he could see that I was flat on the floor. He could see me only from the thighs down. I scared him out of his wits.

He has since recovered. I think. And I'll be more cautious from now on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home