Sunday, July 16, 2006

Where the body goes, the feet must follow

Isn't that usually the other way around? As in, where the feet go, the body must follow? Anyway, my feet have just decided that they, too, want to be pregnant. (There's one of the surprises of pregnancy - every last cell in my body is pregnant.) Yet another dimension changes.

To be fair, my feet (and hands, too, for that matter) first started to swell while we were in Montreal in late May. Then, I just attributed the sudden swelling to the (much appreciated) warm summer weather combined with having completely overdone the tourist thing. (In other words, I walked too much, especially given the heat.) But the swelling didn't really go away when we returned to the chilly west coast. Nevertheless, my feet seemed to stay at a fairly constant level of swollenness.

Until last Thursday. We drove up to Kelowna, in our air conditioned rental car, and aside from stopping at every public loo between Vancouver and Kelowna, did virtually no walking. Nonetheless, by the time we finally reached our resort, my feet had swollen so badly that my sandals didn't really fit any more. Since the car was air conditioned and I hadn't been on my feet all day, I can only assume that my feet have reached the spreading stage. They, too, are pregnant.

Which meant I spent a huge chunk of Friday at Kelowna's big shopping centre, on a quest for new shoes....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home